Monday, May 30, 2011

Who is this girl?

Had to check in again, if only so that I can look back and read this! You might want to lean in real close to the screen, 'cause I'm going to say this very quietly: I think I might be enjoying running. For real! Which leads me to ask, who is this girl, and where is the real Annie? Honestly... I wasn't really feeling the love this morning when I thought about exercise. It took a few internal "JFDI's" to get my runners on, and to get me out the door. First km or so, I was still grumbling internally. Finally, once I started on the open road, I looked ahead to a tree and told myself that I'd jog until I reached it. Then, once I reached it, I set out another marker. I outdid myself three times before my heart felt like it might effing explode! LOL Then, I walked for 40 seconds or so, then took off at a trot again. Most days so far, I've mostly walked with a couple of short runs in there. Today, I reckon the ratio was almost 50:50.

My goal is to jog 1km without stopping by the end of Week 4.

1 comment: