Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day Four

I feel so amazing! I have exercised every day for four days, eaten 1200 calories or less for four days, and have had no alcohol or junk for four days. I have also lost 1kg in four days. Woo fricken hoo!

I mean, I knew this worked. We all know it works. I just had to get my head around it, and stop making excuses.

My favourite excuse was "I'm not as fat as her (random woman I see in the supermarket)" but, my friends, the proof was in the pudding when it came time to take a "Before" pic in my bra and undies. OMFG. Who is that bloated, sad, obese woman looking back at me??

The training has been do-able, if a little challenging. The endorphin rush, and the total calories lost after each session make it all worthwhile though. Not to mention the falling numbers on the scale. We are only supposed to weigh in every Wednesday, and since we started on a Monday, we were weighing in on the morning of day 3. I lost 700g, which didn't seem like a lot compared to some people (1.5 - 2.6kg in three days) but I'd just started my period on the Monday and I know that I can retain up to a litre of fluid at this time. Just to make sure everything was heading in the right direction, I got on the scales again this morning, and another 300g down, which brings my total to 1kg. I'll refrain from checking again until Wednesday (if I can!).

Breakfast: 2 slices wholegrain bread, toasted. Topped with cottage cheese mixed with fresh chives, tomato slices and rocket.
Lunch: Chicken noodle soup, with toasted bread (no butter). I didn't have the toast.
Tea: Chargrilled steak with corn and avocado salsa.

For snacks, I've had a tub of Forme yoghurt mid morning and mid arvo, just 'cause I love them, but the list of snacks is huge.

Today I did Mish's toning DVD, then went for a 1.5hr brisk walk.

I'm so pumped. I know there'll be times when I weaken and lack motivation, but I plan to listen to Mish's podcasts and videos on the 12wbt site when that happens. She's so motivating. I love the way she doesn't sugar coat anything. She tells us that we got ourselves into this mess, and only I can get myself out of it! So true.

xx

1 comment:

  1. All the best Annie, I know you can do it.. and you are off to a great start. AND I can relate to everything you are saying.

    Here's to being healthy : )

    ReplyDelete