Monday, May 30, 2011

Week 2, Day 2

I feel like I'm really getting into the swing of this now, and hopefully starting to break some old habits and lay down some new ones. I haven't felt deprived of anything, or that I'm missing out. Having said that, I haven't yet had any social functions to attend, and this is where the temptation will test me.

When I got home from work at 10pm on the weekend, I would usually pour a glass of wine to help me unwind before bed, and I really missed that for a little while. I ended up making a Jarrah hot choc (within my calorie allowance) and found that it did just as good a job as the wine.

I find it amazing how much my body has already adapted to exercise! At the start of last week, once I got my HR up, it stayed up there for ages. Now, as I obviously get fitter, it's dropping back to normal very quickly when I slow down. This is good for my fitness, but not good for my calorie expenditure. I'm already having to work heaps harder to get the 500+ calories burned everyday. I really need to join a gym and do some classes, but need to wait until mid-June when we have some free $$. Hubby started a new job recently, and now gets paid monthly, so this is already testing us!! LOL

Being the wicked girl that I am, I snuck onto the scales yesterday morning, again! The official weekly weigh in is tomorrow, so I'll unveil the final figure then, but can I just say? Mish rocks, and I wonder why I didn't do this ages ago. I can't believe how many kgs I've smashed in the space of a week!!

Actually, I know why I didn't do this ages ago. I know it's all about "no excuses" and "taking responsibility", but honestly, I think each person needs to reach a point in their life where they are ready to take on something like this. When the reality of your physical self becomes too much to put up with... I have had Mish's Crunch Time book for about 6 months, but it all just seemed too hard, and she sounded too harsh for my liking. (LOL) Back in April, something clicked, and I just knew that I was ready, willing and able to do this.

I'll be back tomorrow with my Week 2 weigh in. I've had my yummy breakfast of Grated apple and ricotta on raisin toast, and mid morning I'm off to do my workout - today is toning, so just a 10 min powerwalk followed by some circuit work. Fricken burpees are on the agenda today. Groan...

No comments:

Post a Comment