Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Here I go!

Hello! My name is Annie, I just turned 40, and I'm FAT. I never meant to get this large, but it happened, and I need to take full responsibility for it. I'm out of excuses, sick of feeling like this, and I think turning 40 was the turning point for me. I can either keep doing what I'm doing and stay miserable, or I can make changes, take responsibility for my actions, and do something about it.

Enter, Michelle Bridges and her 12 Week Body Transformation program. I signed up at the end of April, knowing that the program would start on the 23rd May. That allowed me to celebrate my 40th birthday (at the start of May) with no holds barred. I ate and drank whatever I wanted!!

I've had a go at a few things over the years: Weight Watchers, Bootcamp, Body Trim etc. They all worked in the short term, but I needed a program that covered all the bases. Food, Exercise, and the Mind. Mish's program fits the bill. In fact, in the few weeks leading up to "kick off" she set all sorts of Pre-Season tasks for me to complete, most of them dealing with the inner dialogue that goes on in my head, and the many, many excuses I can come up with for NOT doing this, or for allowing myself to eat THAT etc.

So, here goes. I hope to end the 12 weeks with a new frame of mind, a new body, feeling much fitter, and the tools to take me into my next 40 years with a much better attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment