Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Weigh in day

Weigh in was yesterday, and I lost another 1.7kg. Total of 4.7kg for me. Yay!

For the first time, this morning, I was lacking motivation to get out there and exercise. I've still got a bit of a cold, it's freezing outside, and it all just seemed too hard. I knew I needed some motivation, so I got onto the 12wbt forums, and got inspired again. I love the way the fellow 12wbt-ers give each other so much support and inspiration. I sucked it up, headed out into the cold, and did one of my best workouts ever. Came home and soaked in a Radox bath for a little while, and now I feel on top of the world. I would have sat at home, wallowing in guilt and laziness if I hadn't JFDI.

I'm cooking up a few batches of soup today. Both Mish-approved 12wbt soups. I am going to freeze them in individual portions, so that I will have a quick, handy sub-300 calorie meal ready to go for work days, or when the item on the 12wbt menu fails to entice me. It's all about being organised, and making plans for those days when I would otherwise fall into old habits (like when time is of the essence, or it's too late to cook etc).

I have had a bit of an issue with a sore knee over the past few weeks. Nothing serious, but it just grabs at me every now and then, especially on steps, or when I take off running on that leg. Happy to say that today, it didn't bother me once. I reckon it's the combination of less weight on it, and my upper leg muscles getting stronger, so they're taking some of the load.

I signed up at Fernwood yesterday. Going tomorrow morning for an orientation. I am looking forward to incorporating some classes into my week, and also to have the option to go use the equipment on cold or rainy days.


No comments:

Post a Comment