Tuesday, June 28, 2011

OMG!

I did it! I was trying to lose 2.1kg this week to take me to the magical 10kg loss. Those hard yards at the gym, and my discipline have paid off. 2.4kg lost this week!! That brings my total to 10.3kg gone for good!

I am ridiculously proud of myself, and feel amazing knowing that I now have the tools, the knowledge, and the drive to keep this weight off forever.

I don't exercise when I do night shifts, as I just know that I'm not going to feel like it. There's no point expecting that I will, because I just know that when I wake up I feel like I've been hit by a truck, and why set myself up for disappointment? I just make sure that I do the hard yards in the gym on the 5 days per week that I do get there. I'm planning to alternate a weekend of night shifts with a weekend of late shifts, so the impact of nights on my life is reduced. I find myself craving my gym time, and wonder who the hell is this girl??!!

I don't know if I posted this here, so excuse me if I did, I think I posted in the 12 wbt forum... Last week, I wandered through Target and on a whim, I picked out an entire outfit (jeans, shirt and jacket) in a size 14. I'd been a size 16, with the occasional need for an 18 (cringe) prior to starting this. I thought that I'd just buy this ensemble, and aim to fit into it in a few weeks time. When I got home, I couldn't help but try it on. OMG! It fit like a glove. I had thought that I'd buy a size 14 dress to wear to the finale party in Brisbane, but at this rate, I'll be fitting into a 12! Way better than sex, chocolate, fries or wine!! On the same note, the scrubs that I've been wearing to work were an XL. They got way too baggy, so I dragged out the L that fit me way back when I was doing Bootcamp regularly. Now these are too baggy, so I've ordered a Medium set. How cool is that???


1 comment: