Thursday, September 8, 2011

Wow!

Round 3 of the 12wbt will start on Monday, and I'm so excited!  I did my fitness test today, and I was absolutely blown away.  When I started Round 2, I couldn't run for 60 seconds without stopping, gasping!  I did 45 seconds as my wall-sit.  I think I did 12 push ups.  I did 8 mins 45 seconds as my 1km time trial.

At Week 8, my results told me that I was now "Intermediate".  At the Finale workout, they asked for people from Intermediate to try out "Advanced".  NO WAY!  Today, just 4 weeks after that day, I did another Fitness Test.  OMG, I'm "Advanced" in every category.  My daughter was blown away, as I did it with her last time.  She couldn't believe how quickly I'd advanced.

Having said that, I've been busting my butt at the gym 6 days per week, and I've earned this.  It still seems weird, as I've never been "athletic" or "fit".  I'm the girl who can't run, and is a couch potato in my head.

I'm very proud of the fact that, as a 40 year old (did I say that out loud??) I'm fitter than I was at 30.  Even 25 perhaps?  I was skinny at 25, but not fit.

In other news, I'm over my rant from the other day.  Their problem.  This is MY journey, not theirs.  I also need to let it go when I hear of people who are doing the 12wbt but are not prepared to do it properly.  That's their issue, not mine.

My tally is standing at 21.3kg lost as of yesterday.  My confidence is soaring, my self esteem is back where it should be, and I feel pretty fricken amazing!  I like what I see in the mirror, and more importantly, I FEEL great.  No more breathlessness on stairs, my resting heart rate is bradycardic, and (apart from some training aches and pains) I feel like  a teenager!  WTF didn't I do this years ago?  Because I wasn't ready to hear it.  That's why.  

4 comments:

  1. They are bloody awesome results love...that wall sit is off the charts.

    You should feel amazing, you look amazing, and even more so since I saw you :)
    Are you talking about me not doing it properly? Or have you heard others talk about not following the actual set guidelines? I guess people will take from it what they need to, and if they don't get the results, then they have no one to blame but themselves :)
    Happy weekend to you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wall sit was amazing! My kids were cheering me on, "go 5 more seconds, Mum!"

    Why do you think I'm talking about you? Are you not doing it properly? It just shits me that people sign up and think that they know better than Mish. Look at her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is super cool you had the kids cheering you on.. I tried one the other day, when I had super sore thighs the day after after KB, and I struggled but made i t to 1 minute. Not sure if I will push through the pain and do the 1 km trial, although my foot is feeling better after the podiatrist strapped it.

    I had just mentioned that I wasn't going to be hard core. So I am not doing it to the letter, but taking from the program what I need. Crikey I would never think I new better than Mish. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strapping cures a lot of ills. When I had a stress fracture in my foot a few years ago, I limped and cursed. As soon as my physio strapped it, it felt amazing.

    ReplyDelete