Monday, August 22, 2011

I hurt...

Holy crap I'm sore... I haven't had this level of DOMS since the first workout I did a few days before Round 2 commenced! Mostly, it's due to the Group workout in Brisbane, with the rest of the 12wbt family. OMG, it was great. The atmosphere was insane, and the weather was glorious. I burnt 680 calories, but left feeling as though it wasn't too hard.

Fast forward to Sunday morning and I was in pain. Arms, chest (loads of push ups), thighs and hips all groaning. By this morning (Monday) my upper body had gone back to normal, but my thighs were still sore. I had Sunday as my rest day, so was straight back into it today. I can't do my SSS on a Saturday, so I tend to do it on a Monday. Today, I did a mega session, and now I wonder if I'm going to be able to even get out of bed tomorrow! Here's what I did today: C25K Week 3 Day 2 around the reservoir in the glorious sunshine = 401cals, then tonight I went to the gym and did C25K Week 3 Day 3, 15 mins on the cross trainer, then a 50 min Step class, followed by a 45 min Pilates class = 1222 cals. So, all up I burnt 1623 cals today! I'm feeling very stiff tonight.

I'm so excited that 7 of my friends have now joined Round 3. I hope they all have amazing success. I often feel that I would love to be able to bottle how I feel right now. I hope they get to feel it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment