Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Yay for eating clean!

Woo Hoo! Even though I only got to the gym 2 days last week, I kept my eating squeaky clean and I lost 1.2kg this week. That brings my total to 14.5kg.

I was fitting into the occasional size 14, but now if you throw anything 14 at me it fits and even may be a bit loose! I've gone down a bra size too! Very happy to drop some poundage from the cans.

In even more exciting news, my back is almost better and I've been putting in some great gym sessions since Monday. I am very excited to report that a few weeks ago, I got on the X-trainer for the first time and only managed 2.5mins before I was done. In my defence, I had just put in 1.5hours of cardio work on the bikes and treadmill. Today, after 15 mins on the bike, I got on the X-trainer again and it was hurting, but I got into the zone and was up to 15 mins with my HR over 170, and I only got off because it was time for my class to start. Jesus. The class is another story of blood, sweat and tears. I was the only "new girl" and the instructor gave me permission to have a rest now and then, but that made me all the more determined not to. I even did ALL the jumping jacks while I saw others were taking the low impact option!! I left there, totally spent, having burnt over 900cals, feeling very proud of myself.

I read an article in the Women's Weekly today, about Michelle Bridges. I got a bit teary, actually. I can honestly credit Mish with changing my life. I have self esteem again, I feel like I'm 30 again, I am feeling so strong and fit. And I owe it all to her. Of course, I've done the hard yards and made the changes, but she's the one who has given me the tools to do this. I will sing her programs praises forever now. I am a huge advocate of the "whole shebang" approach. I've tried diet by itself, I've tried exercise by itself. The thing that appealed to me about her program was that it combined diet, exercise, and mindset sorting. I still go back and listen to her podcasts and mindset lessons if I'm feeling a bit blah. It makes so much sense and it just works.

I have to write it all here as it's sort a like a diary. I can't talk to too many people, outside the 12wbt forum, about this as it comes off all preachy and cult-like. I love the program, it's working for me, and I am so freakin' happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment