Monday, July 18, 2011

Been a while!

God I'm slack at blogging! Never mind, I'm here now.

Total weight loss tally currently sits at 12.3kg, but it's weigh in day on Wednesday, so I'm hoping to bring it closer to 14kg.

I am loving this program, and loving the changes that it's bringing about. Not just the physical changes, but the mindset changes, and the self esteem changes. I definitely wanted to "lose weight" but I didn't expect to enjoy exercise as much as I am, or to be so thrilled by how fit and strong I'm becoming.

I've started attending classes at the gym, and I am fast becoming addicted to them. My good friend, Neroli, and I were both hesitant to do a class, as we were too intimidated. Once we admitted that to each other, we declared that we'd do them together. So, we're currently working our way through the class timetable, trying them all. She's a skinny little thing, so is only interested in a couple of classes each week, whereas, I'm at the gym 6 days of the week! I love the fact that tonight, we took on a Step class aimed at "intermediate to advanced" and we rocked it. Around us, people were stopping, having a rest, doing the low impact options, and we just powered through it! I used to be the one having a rest!! Massive milestone for me!

I also didn't realise how much I'd love weight training. I love feeling strong, feeling my my muscles get more defined, and gradually increasing the weights at the gym.

And finally, I signed up for a 10km Fun Run. OMFG! I used to declare, loudly, that the words "fun" and "run" shouldn't be used in the same sentence! However, I know that running is one of the best forms of exercise. You get the most bang for your buck, so to speak. So, I'm trying to get better at it. I felt that I needed a goal to work towards. Perhaps 5km may have been a safer bet, but I caved in the face of peer pressure and JFDI. I'm so excited. I don't care about finishing times etc, I just want to finish. If I have to walk some of the way, I don't care. I have 15 weeks to get my shit together, so it's absolutely do-able.

Oh, and I should mention that I had to dress up to go to the theatre on Sat night. Before 12wbt, the thought of getting dressed up sent me into meltdown, as I was confronted with how big I was, and how few clothing choices I had. On Sat night, I had few choices again, but for a different reason. I've been purging all my fat clothes, and I don't want to buy too much until I reach my goal. However, I bought a size 14 tight black skirt a couple of years ago, when I was doing Bootcamp. It didn't quite fit me at the time, but it was on sale, and I aimed to get into it. I never did... On Sat night, I grabbed it out of the wardrobe, and hello, it fit like a glove! Love, love, love this program!






1 comment:

  1. Yes you are a shit blogger, LOL.
    But you rock JFDI. Keep it up and can't wait to get all dressed up for the finale party!
    Love your biggest fan
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete