Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The last 5kg!

I'm finally there!  I have less than 5kg to go until my goal weight.  4.8kg to be exact.  It's so close now!!   I lost 2.4kg this week, but a good deal of that is probably due to the gastro that I had yesterday.  Ugh, it wasn't fun.  Two of my kids have had it this week, so I should have expected it.  I don't usually pick up gastro though, and I reckon I've only had two bouts of it as an adult.  Yesterday's was a ripper.  The kind where you lie motionless because as soon as you move, the room spins, your bowel cramps and your stomach starts to heave.  I had a few hours around dinner time where I thought I was on the mend, but as I lay on the couch to watch Rafters, it all came rushing back.  Vomiting violently whilst sitting on the loo is NO fun!  Anyway, it meant that the scales were very kind to me today.  I'll just have to work hard this week to make sure that next weigh in isn't disappointing.  LOL

I had a huge milestone achievement this week.  I bought some gorgeous bathers online, which is always risky.  When they got here, I tried them on and not only did they fit perfectly, they are very flattering and I would actually feel very confident wearing them in public, with no need for board shorts or any "disguises"!  I bought a cute little "cover up" thingy to wear over them to and from the pool/beach, and all in all, I'm thrilled with them.  Usually wearing bathers is an exercise in self-loathing.  Not anymore!


No comments:

Post a Comment